2022 Seller GuideDownload your 2022 Sellers Guide today. A Complete Guide To The Home Selling Process.
1. Get a Pre-Listing Inspection
You really don’t want any surprises when the inspection takes place, so one of the best tips for selling a house in Littleton this summer is to have your own pre-listing inspection done. Sure, it will cost you somewhere around $400, but it’s a good way to discover and deal with problems before they ruin your sale. Very often, your inspector will give a pretty long list of issues to deal with. So be sure to consult with your local agent to determine which ones will give you the best return on invest. You can find out more about this by calling (303) 929-9660.
2. Emphasize the Enjoyment
Summer is the season when people are concentrating on having fun and enjoying themselves. Selling a house in Littleton this summer should reflect or at least take into account that fact. Summer-appropriate home preparations will include:
- Thorough and ruthless decluttering to ensure the inside of your house feels light and roomy and breezy
- Creating an outdoor feel indoors with strategically placed flowers and fruit and ample natural lighting throughout
- Using seasonal flair, but still adhering to the sound advice to keep colors neutral and not overdo seasonal décor
- Dressing up outdoor living spaces to make them appealing during the season when people spend a lot of time outdoors
- Making your home a cool refuge where potential buyers can come inside and escape summer’s brutal heat
3. Concentrate on Curb Appeal
As we’ve mentioned and you know, a lot of people spend a lot of time outdoors during the summer, so the tips for selling a house in Littleton this summer have to include concentrating on curb appeal. When folks spend time lounging around the pool and barbecuing in the back yard, they want to do it in pleasant, appealing surroundings. So you have to touch up exterior paint, fix fencing, take care of landscaping, keep the lawn mowed, and tend to the beds.
Your front yard, along with the entry area, is key here. It’s the first thing potential buyers see when they pull up to your house. And you have only one chance to make a great first impression.
4. Enlist Professional Help
Selling a house, especially during the summer, can be a pretty overwhelming undertaking with a lot of moving parts that must function seamlessly together. And your local real estate agent can help ensure that everything is in place and properly functioning. A good agent will do all the heavy lifting, but will still allow you to call the shots.
With the right agent in your corner, your chances of selling faster this summer will be greatly improved. But you do need to make sure you hire an agent with a proven track record – one with a high percentage of closed sales where the sale price is close to the asking price. Perhaps the most important tip, then, for selling a house in Littleton this summer is to find and hire a good agent. And that’s exactly where we can help.